n Tuesday August 6, 2019, Bear Valley Police will be joining in with other law enforcement agencies in celebrating National Night Out. This event will be held at Cub Lake from 6pm to 8:30pm with a movie in the park being shown at 8:30pm. This is a yearly event which is sponsored by the Bear Valley Police Department with help and coordination from the Bear Valley Police Volunteers in Police Service. Bear Valley Springs is just one of 347 other cities and counties in the State of California that will celebrate National Night Out.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
Millions of neighbors take part in National Night Out across thousands of communities from all fifty states, U.S. territories and military bases worldwide on the first Tuesday in August. Neighborhoods host block parties, festivals, parades, cookouts and various other community events with safety demonstrations, seminars, youth events, visits from emergency personnel, exhibits and much, much more.
National Night Out was introduced in August of 1984 through an already established network of law enforcement agencies, neighborhood watch groups, civic groups, state and regional crime prevention associations and volunteers across the nation. The first annual National Night Out involved 2.5 million neighbors across 400 communities in 23 states.
National Night Out grew to become a celebration beyond just front porch vigils and symbolic efforts among neighbors to send a message of neighborhood camaraderie. Neighborhoods across the nation began to host block parties, festivals, parades, cookouts and various other community events with safety demonstrations, seminars, youth events, visits from emergency personnel,exhibits and more.
On August 6th come show your community support and join us in celebrating our National Night Out event. There will be activities for all ages including:
- The opportunity to meet your local police officers and fire fighters
- The opportunity to learn about your local community organizations
- The opportunity to meet your local bus drivers and the principal of Cummings Valley School
- The opportunity to gain knowledge about the Central California Animal Disaster Team
- See special guest star Legend the Comfort Dog and friends from K-9 Companions and Have a Heart
- Keep your kids safe with child ID kits provided by BVPD
- Interactive games and activities
- Coloring contest
- Take home craft
- Listen to live music by DJ Jaime
- Food available for purchase from Red House BBQ
- Movie for the family to start at dusk
We look forward to seeing you there!