Committee volunteers play a vital role in helping our community and local government. By serving on a committee, you can use your skills and knowledge to help shape the direction and policies of your local government. Additionally, serving on a committee can be a great way to learn more about local government and make new connections with other community members who share your interests and concerns.
- Provide valuable input and perspective on community issues and help to identify potential solutions.
- Help to build strong relationships between local government and residents.
- Help identify and prioritize community needs and assist with developing policies, programs, and initiatives to address them.
- Help ensure the local government is responsive to the community's needs and concerns.
- Serve as a bridge between the community and local government and help to build trust and transparency.
Overall, committee volunteers are a valuable asset to our community and local government, helping to make Bear Valley Springs a better place to live.
Our committees meet once in even-numbered months (6 times a year), and volunteers commit to a two-year term.
Administration Committee - reviews personnel, general policy, and other management matters. Meets at 11 am on the 3rd Wednesday of even-numbered months.
Finance Committee - reviews budgetary and financial matters. Meets at 9 am on the 3rd Wednesday of even-numbered months.
Infrastructure Committee - reviews plans for developing, operating, and maintaining roads, water, wastewater, and other District infrastructure. Meets at 9 am on the 3rd Thursday of even-numbered months.
Public Safety Committee - reviews public safety issues such as police protection, disaster preparedness response programs, and fire protection. Meets at 3 pm on the 3rd Thursday of even-numbered months.
If you are interested in serving on any of the above committees, please submit a letter of interest by February 24, 2023.
Subject: Committee Recruitment