Born and raised in Ventura County California, my wife and I retired to Bear Valley Springs following 30 years of a successful career in public service.
Directly out of high school, I enlisted and served 4 years in the U.S. Air Force as a Medic, where I found a passion for working with people and serving the communities where I live.
After many years of working in the non-profit arena with at-risk youth, I began an 18+ year career in county government at the request of the Third District Supervisor of Ventura County. My first assignment was as a Field Representative, and later Chief of Staff. During those years I served under two Supervisors concurrently serving the City of Santa Paula, CA as both Mayor, and City Council member.
I served on numerous County District Boards and committees working on projects before the Board of Supervisors. Projects included everything from health care, public safety and those pertaining to the local and county infrastructure. At the City of Santa Paula, I studied and voted on policies and projects related to the city's infrastructure and served on a multitude of Boards with direct impact on the community.
Through my commitment to public service, I have been intimately involved with the issues facing cities and counties. I have a proven track record of advocating for constituents to bring people together to find common ground that results in win-win situations.
Solutions require that we bring our individual and common skills together and work collectively on creative ways to solve problems as they present themselves. No one person or segment of the community has all the answers. I am committed to insuring that all people of Bear Valley Springs have a voice, are heard and their concerns considered.
- 17 Years monitoring and assessing a $2.3 Billion government budget at County of Ventura
- 18 Years County government, Third District Supervisors, County of Ventura; Administrative Staff and Chief of Staff
- 6 Years Santa Paula City Council, 1 year as Mayor
- Ventura Regional Sanitation District Board Member
- Santa Paula Basin Pumpers Association
- Santa Clara River Watershed Committee
- Regulated land use through zoning laws
- 4 Years Medic in U.S. Air Force
- 4 Years Director of Santa Paula Family Resource Center
- 5 Years Certified Addiction Treatment Specialist
- 5 Years Family-Owned business in Agriculture
- currently on the Board of the Bear Valley Springs Veterans Association , where I have served for 4 years, two as Commander and currently the Captain of the Honor Guard.