here are many reasons to consider a comprehensive Mailbox project rather than replacement in kind:
- Current conditions
- Mail theft
Progress to date:
- GIS contract has been amended with an inventory of existing mailbox stations
- There have been discussions with the United States Postal Service (USPS approval is required)
Pending Board decisions on design and products, the following preliminary actions have been taken:
- Spatial analysis, mapping properties to mailbox stations
- Property rights research
- Optimization of layouts, locations, etc.
Finalizing the Concept - Target Oct 2015
To finalize the concept the following goals must be met:
- Discuss product types available
- Product type and concept plan presented to the Board
- Request demonstration models
- Board to make final selection before final optimization and development may proceed
- Complete optimization to determine the number of stations, locations, layout, etc. The product type and resolution of property rights issues will heavily influence this.
- Engage design engineer and landscape architect to examine road setbacks, street and highway codes, sight lines, safety, etc and to determine decorative design elements. Once the design book is finalized, plans and specs can begin.
For more information on this project, please see the attached presentation.