oad crews responded to Class 2 storm conditions at 11:30 p.m. last night and having been on shift since then. Conditions worsened in the upper elevations to a Class 3 storm and staff responded according to plan.
We continue to work on keeping our first and secondary roads passable, and will move into residential roads as conditions warrant.
A second shift comprised of Water and General Services staff is scheduled to come on at 2:30 p.m. and work through the evening to clear roads and treat them before dark. Forecasts are calling for possible snowfall through mid-evening, with a slight chance of some more Friday morning.
If necessary, the first shift will return early tomorrow morning (12/27) to prepare roads for morning rush hour traffic. The next Winter Weather Update will be posted this afternoon. Please be safe and only travel if absolutely necessary.