recently, Southern California Edison (SCE) has been doing a lot of maintenance work in Bear Valley Springs. During the maintenance, homes will lose power for up to 10 hours at a time. Residents can be prepared by signing up for SCE's Outage Alerts. These outage alerts can be sent to you via email, text, or voice message to let you know when there is a planned outage for your address. For maintenance outages, notifications are sent in advance and updates are sent before and on the day of the outage.
SCE's alerts will also send you updates when a repair outage occurs including:
- When the outage started
- What caused the outage
- When power will be restored
When you receive a planned outage notice, you can find updates on the status of that outage using the Outage Number on your notification. A link to the Search Maintenance Outages page is listed below. If you experience an outage without receiving a notification, please report the outage at the Outage Center link below.
Public Safety Power Shutoffs
When there are potentially dangerous weather conditions in our area, SCE may need to call a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event. During these events, power is turned off in high risk areas to reduce the risk for wildfires. When forecasts indicate elevated weather conditions, SCE begins assessing the potential impact to affected areas. These PSPS events have four stages:
- First Notification - 2 days ahead, SCE notifies impacted customers that they may experience a PSPS
- Second Notification - 1 day ahead, if weather conditions persist impacted customers are again notified
- Third Notification - When weather conditions confirm the decision to shut off power, impacted customers are notified that the PSPS will proceed
- Fourth Notification - Impacted customers are notified when weather conditions clear and power has been restored.
- SCE Outage Alerts and Preferences Link: https://www.sce.com/customer-service/faqs/alert-preference-center
- SCE Outage Center Link: https://www.sce.com/outage-center
- SCE Search Maintenance Outages: https://www.sce.com/outage-center/maintenance-outages
- Public Safety Power Shutoffs: https://www.sce.com/safety/wildfire/psps